Leveraging ServiceNow to advance decommissioning timelines and accelerate savings realization
Global Telecom | 3-Minute Read
AT A GLANCE
- Primary Concern: Cost over-run associated with inefficient decommissioning process
- Services: Intelligent Process Automation, Strategic Process Implementation
The process of decommissioning data centers and retiring legacy applications is both costly and time consuming. By leveraging automation, the process can be accelerated to help advance cost savings and reduce project time to completion. Applying this solution, we were able to reduce current process time from 147 days to 2 days resulting in significant cost savings.
Annual Cost Savings
Reduction in Decommission Process Time
Can we do this more efficiently?
- Need to accelerate cost savings through automation
- Need to decommission 4 data centers & 600+ servers
- Need to retire 100+ applications
Simplifying the process
AustinCSI reviewed and defined the process and approvals required to retire an application or decommission a server. Through the use of automation, we expedited existing processes and accelerated time to savings. In addition, we provided visibility into the status of all retirements and decommissioning activities.
- Mapped existing manual processes including legal approvals, data retention, and funding validation requirements
- Created workflows and scripts in ServiceNow (SNOW) to automate processes
- Reduced 48 steps across 20 tools to 1 automated workflow in ServiceNow